For Event Presenters
What is School to World?
It is an opportunity for business, government and education to present the path of life – its many destinations, choices, and importance. Together, let’s create the world of opportunity for our youth.
When is School to World?
We are sorry to announce that the 2013 School To World event originally set for February 23, 2013 has been CANCELLED! The Albuquerque Convention Center is undergoing construction and will not be available in February. We could not find an alternative venue for 1800 students. Therefore, the event will not be held this year. Sandia National Laboratories has been a proud supporter of this event for 12 years and we regret we are not able offer New Mexico’s largest career exploration event in February. We thank you for your understanding and continued support of this event over the past 12 years. Questions: Amy Tapia, Sandia National Laboratories, 284-5207, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Volunteers needed:
- Guides – Greet guests, help escort students, and provide support and encouragement to ensure guests have fun and learn
- Registration – Check in students at the event
- Logistics – Help set-up the event on Friday or help with food, tickets, and check-out on Saturday
Specific career/job volunteers to staff occupation booths (Cluster areas are interactive, please supply appropriate equipment and/or materials relating to your occupation)
- Art/Communication/Entertainment – dance, theatre, radio, TV, music, design, art, newspaper, publishing
- Business – bankers, stockbrokers, human resource, insurance, marketing, entrepreneur, real estate, accounting
- Community – Recreation leaders, Non-profit organizations, Hospitality & Tourism
- Construction/Manufacturing – Plasters, Masons, Engineers, Construction, plumbing, electrician, mechanic, machinist
- Education – Teachers, Professors, College Recruiters, Principals/Masters, Educational Counselors
- Health & Medicine – physicians, nurses, lab technicians, pharmacy, healthcare mgmt., paramedic/EMT
- Public Service – legal, police/guards, fire, government services, librarians, elected officials, bus drivers, university professors, teachers, wildlife management, veterinarian
- Science/Engineering/Technology – engineers, architects, surveyors, computer sciences, construction /trades, plant operations, electronics, technicians, biology, chemistry, physics, environmental sciences, wildlife mgmt., horticulture, food sciences, animal sciences
If you want to volunteer, please complete and return a Presenter Registration Form.
Your help is greatly appreciated!